"This post may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through these links, I earn a small commission at no cost to you. I do not promote anything I do not believe in or stand behind."
On December 7, 1941, the Japanese military launched a surprise attack on the United States Naval Base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
In honor of this day here is A Pearl Harbor Fact Sheet covering the history and statistics from www.nationalww2museum.org.
And here is a wonderful article by the Northbrook Star about a visit by Pearl Harbor veteran Jack Coombe and his wife Peg to Wescott School, where he tells the first graders about his experience on that day.
And it just wouldn’t be a complete post without (free) homeschooling resources 🙂
- World War II Homeschool History: Life During the War & Pearl Harbor Minibooks from tinasdynamichomeschoolplus.com and she also has World War II Homeschool History Free Unit Study and Lapbook
- Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day Mini Activity Unit from inallyoudo.net
- something2offer.com has a list of Free WWII Homeschool Resources
- gypsyroadschool.blogspot.com has a Pearl Harbor Unit Study (scroll to toward the bottom of the post)
- kathysclutteredmind.com has a pretty extensive list of Pearl Harbor Resources