"This post may contain affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through these links, (THANK YOU!) I earn a small commission at no cost to you. I do not promote anything I do not believe in or stand behind."
So literally the day after I wrote about getting intentionally closer to God and actively pursuing a thriving relationship with my Savior in Owl Pellets and My Walk with the Lord MY PIPES FROZE, or so I thought. Turns out the compressor went bad AGAIN!
Yep it was Sunday morning and I had nursery duty! I knew Satan would show up and try to discourage me. That old devil doesn’t have any new tricks. He is actually quite predictable!
Instead of letting this get to me, which is what Satan would want, I made my coffee, thankfully I filled the tank on my Keurig the night before, and sat down to read my devotion in my KJV Homeschool Mom’s Bible. I LOVE this Bible. My devotion was about treasures and storing up treasures in heaven not here on earth.
I decided to search for the treasures of God’s promises and since keeping these gems of encouragement to myself would be a selfish thing to do I’m sharing them with you.
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” 2 Peter 1:4
Keep in mind that these are not ALL the promises from God’s Word. They are some of the ones I needed.
- “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39
These verses tell me that no matter what I am going through, no matter what the devil throws at me, I can conquer them through God’s love and NOTHING can separate me from God’s love.
2. “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
It is easy to be overwhelmed by the problems I face. God is so much bigger than any problem I could possibly have and His Spirit is living in me.
3. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” Matthew 11:29
I will have peace of mind and heart as I learn of Him. I sure can use some massive amounts of peace!
4. “For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee”. Isaiah 41:13
Reading this verse makes me literally feel like a child. My hand in God’s hand. What greater helper could there possibly be!
5. “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” Psalm 18:2
God’s protection is limitless. Praise God for being there to fight my battles for me, to deliver me. my place of safety.
6. “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
Things aren’t always going to go as planned. I need to remember that God has a plan for me, for my life, that will lead to what is best for me.
7. “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all“. Psalm 34:19 Did you notice the word “all” 🙂
I’m going to have troubles and trials, that’s a given. I just have to trust in God to carry me through them and deliver me out of them when I have learned what it is that He is teaching me.
8. “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
I just need to trust God in everything, get myself out-of-the-way, discover God in every situation, and watch God direct my path.
9. “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” Isaiah 40:28-29
I’m so thankful for a Heavenly Father, the Creator of EVERYTHING, that never grows weary and strengthens me when I need it.
10. “Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16
God is the Author of peace, peace of mind, peace of heart, peace with others, peace with ourselves, it all comes from the Lord of peace without fail.
11. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee”. Isaiah 26:3
With God I can have perfect peace even in turmoil. When I am totally devoted to Him my whole life is more balanced.
12. “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” Romans 15:13
God is the God of Hope! He is the very foundation on which my hope is built.
13. “But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.” Psalm 4:3
I have been set apart by God and He loves me! When I pray God hears AND answers my prayers. I have to look at my problems in the light of God’s power instead of looking at God in the shadow of my problems!
14. “The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.” Psalm 9:9-10
God is my shelter and security. I can trust in His power and protection. God Himself will never leave me no matter what I face.
15. “As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.” Psalm 18:30
God is a shield to protect me when I am too weak to face certain trials by myself. He strengthens, protects, and guides me.
16. “Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall compass him about.” Psalm 32:10
Completely surrounded by God’s mercies, now that’s something on which to meditate!
17. “Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Psalm 55:22
God WANTS to carry my burdens, but I often pick them right back up even when I say I am trusting God. Sustain-> To bear, to uphold, keep from falling, to support, to maintain, to KEEP ALIVE. “he shall sustain thee”, no might or maybe about it!
18. “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.” Psalm 84:11-12
God promises to not withhold what is permanently good. He will give me the means to walk along His paths, but I must do the walking. When I obey Him, He will not hold anything back that will help me continue to live for Him.
19. “The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.” Psalm 145:17-20
“The key that unlocks the treasure chest of God’s peace is faith in the promises of God. So Paul prays, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing.” (Romans 15:13). And when we do trust the promises of God and have joy and peace and love, then God is glorified.” Good News of Great Joy
I hope these verses bless your heart and encourage you as they did me.